Aloe Rauhii is a rare pulpy endangered plant which is originated from Madagascar. Also, it belongs to the asphodelaceae family. It grows up to 10cm tall and is around 20cm in diameter. Moreover, this plant has around 4 inches long and 0.8 inches wide leaves with beautiful white spots that resemble snow flakes. Hence, it is commonly known as Snowflake Aloe.
This aloe produces beautiful yellow tipped orange flowers. It can be cultivated as a houseplant or in a sheltered, sunny area of the garden in well-drained soil. Grow plants in pots that you can use in garden displays in the summer and carry indoors in the winter.
Aloe Rauhii is an easy to grow plant and is non toxic for people and pets.
Below are some of the essential Care tips:
- Soil: Potting mix specially made for cacti and succulents s ideal for aloe rauhii. Drainage is important to avoid root rotting.
- Sunlight: It does best in indirect bright sunlight.
- Water: Water deeply but only when soil is dry.
- Temperature: 60°- 75° F is preferred for optimal growth.
- Fertilizer: Generally Aloe doesn’t require fertilizers. But extra nutrients may benefit the growth.
Add this rare succulent full of colors to any space and feel the magic yourself! If you’d like to check out ceramic planters for this lovely plant, click here!