Bougainvillea Pink is the botanical name, which is commonly termed as Paper Flower or Papelillo. It grows as a woody vine or shrub, 15 to 40 feet in height comprising of heart-shaped leaves, small white flowers, and thorny stems. Also, it offers brilliant blooms in summer!
Moreover, the Bougainvillea plant requires support to shield a wall and fence. This plant creates rows in the form of strings on the covered surface. Bougainvillea is a thorny shrub generating beautiful and brightly colored bracts (specialized leaves). Bougainvillea Spectabilis and Bougainvillea Glabra are the two types of Papelillo. Its aqueous extract controls fertility among the tribal people in several countries. In addition, it possesses anticancer, anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic, antihyperlipidemic, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties.
- Sunlight: For an awesome blossom, provide at least 5 hours a day of full sunlight.
- Watering: Don’t let this plant dry out for long between waterings i.e they need to be well-drained.
- Soil: It survives in almost every soil if it is well-drained and fertile.
- Temperature: It requires 25 to 40 degrees C for best growth.
- Fertilizer: Micro-nutrients along with organic fertilizers will be sufficient for successful results.
Lastly, Bougainvillea Pink is one such ornamental plant that is an absolute delight to the eyes and simply perfect to change the look of your garden! Also, if you’d like to check out more from our flowering plants range to pair your Bougainvillea with, click here!