Caladium plants are well-known for their large, heart-shaped leaves, which display incredible color combinations of pink, white, and green. These plants thrive in hot and humid conditions, but they can also grow well in partial to full shade. Moreover, elephant ear, angel wings, and heart of Jesus are some of the commonly known names of Caladium.
They are native to South America and Central America. Caladium plants are rare flowers, but their gorgeous foliage will put on a show wherever they’re planted, whether under trees or between shrubs.
Nevertheless, as far as unusual indoor plants go, these are sure to raise a few admiring eyebrows. It is also quite simple to grow Caladiums if you understand how they should be cared for.
Below are some of the essential care tips of Caladium:
- Soil: Indoors, indirect light, or moderate shade.
- Sunlight: It requires indirect light or moderate shade.
- Temperature: This plant prefers a pleasantly warm temperature.
- Water: Keep leaves moistened. Do not allow the leaves to dry out. Keep humidity as high and as high as possible.
- Fertilizer: Adding composts and leaf mold will add up to the growth.
Moreover, Caladium is a must-have beauty to add to your houseplant’s collection. Interested in more Indoor plants? Click to find out more here!