Calathea Rattlesnake plants are not the easiest houseplants to nurture, but you’ll be rewarded with an outstanding show from their foliage if you provide the care they want. Native into the Brazilian rainforest, the rattlesnake plant flourishes in warm, moist and semi-shady climates. When conditions are right, the plant generates bright, yellow-orange blooms in late spring and early summer.
Below are some of the essential Care Tips for Calathea Rattlesnake:
- Soil: Your Rattlesnake plant will flourish in potting soil that’s two parts peat and one part perlite.
- Sunlight: This plant requires bright light but not direct light. Therefore, it is ideal for keeping it in a bright place in a room away from direct sunlight.
- Temperature: The preferable pleasant temperature for this plant is a minimum of 15 C.
- Water: You have to water your Rattlesnake plant regularly throughout the growing season, from May to August particularly. It’s crucial to keep the soil moist but not allow your plant to sit in water.
- Fertilizer: Composts, leaf mould, and rotten cow dung make the foliage look brighter and healthy.
Be certain that you bring this Rattlesnake for your houseplant collection to add unique greenery to any space. Curious about more types of Calathea? Click to find more from our scope here!