Cloves Plant is known to mankind for long, however, it is always a good idea to have them in your herb’s collection. The clove tree is an evergreen creature that grows up to 8 to 12 m tall, with large leaves and crimson flowers grouped in terminal clusters. The flower buds initially have a pale hue, gradually that turns green and then transition to a bright red when ready to harvest.
The clove tree trunk has smooth bark with grayish-yellow aromatic foliage. It is a slow-growing but long-lived tree and can exceed 100 years of age easily. They have antioxidant, antiseptic, local anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, rubefacient (warming and soothing), carminative and anti-flatulent properties.
Below are some of the essential Care tips:
- Soil: Clove plants love to grow in well-drained soil with a lot of nutrients.
- Sunlight: 3-6 hours of Sunlight is preferred for blooming good quality flowers.
- Temperature: The plant prefers a pleasant temperature
- Water: They require weekly watering as the soil should not be damp at all.
- Fertilizer: Adding composts once in a while will add up to the vegetative growth of the plant.
Moreover, Cloves Plant is often used as a spice to boost up the aroma and taste. If you’d like to check out more herbs from our collection to fulfill your needs, click here!