Flower of West Bengal – Harshringar or parijat or Raat ki Rani – Yes, this is a single plant having so many names. Also, a plant with high ornamental & medicinal values. This flower has white with a little bit of orange-colored flowers with a soothing and calming fragrance. Harshringar is the official flower of the Indian State, West Bengal.
Moreover, this plant has many health benefits. Harshringar helps you to boost your immunity, benefits for skin & hair-care, excellent antibacterial property, reduces fever, malaria symptoms, anxiety level. The flowers of this plant bloom at night and drop down early in the morning from the branches. This small tree grows up to 33 feet tall. This plant is native to South Asia and Southeast Asia. Pruning is the best way to encourage the plant, so remove the dead parts or remove old flowers. In winters, this plant can be grown as a hedge. This plant can be grown in containers or in planters.
Below are some of the essential Care Tips:
- Sunlight: This plant requires a shaded area or a few hours of sunlight,
- Watering: It shows better results when watered daily.
- Fertilizer: Use organic fertilizers once a year.
- Soil: These beautiful flowers ask for better soil with good drainage
- Temperature: This plant can survive between 60 – 70 degrees F.