Hypoestes is also known as the polka dots plant is a short-statured, cute houseplant. It has many varieties available, each with its own unique color and pattern. You can grow them in pots as houseplants. They are best planted in spring. They have a slow growth rate and remain small when they mature.
These are cultivated as an ornamental plant and are familiar as a houseplant, but can also be grown outside as an annual plant in cooler climates or a perennial in the subtropics and tropics.
Below are some of the essential care tips of Hypoestes :
- Soil: This is best delivered by planting in soil that is rich, yet well-draining. Organic potting soil is ideal.
- Sunlight: They grow well in indirect and partial sunlight.
- Temperature: The plant prefers a warm temperature.
- Water: They require even moisture, Hypoestes plant will easily succumb to root rot if conditions are too wet.
- Fertilizer: Adding composts once in a while will add up to the vegetative growth of the plant.
This cute plant is perfect for any of your compact indoor space and gifting it to your loved ones. You can place it on your office desk to give you a fresh feel throughout the day as well! If you’d like to check out pots & planters to repot this beauty in, click here!