Sansevieria Trifasciata, commonly known as the Snake plant has the ability to create bowstrings from the fiber of its leaves. Moreover, it is a herbaceous and an everlasting flowering plant. Also, the major use of this plant comes in ornamental needs. It survives well in small pots due to its rhizomes crowded in a small space, enabling faster growth. Most importantly, Snake plants are great for air purification and removing harmful substances from the environment.
Although it is native to Africa and Asia, it was first cultivated in China as a treasured houseplant! The eight gods granted their virtues like long life, beauty, prosperity, intelligence, poetry, health, and strength upon all those planting snake plants. It was also used to study sick building syndrome.
Below are some of the Caring Tips:
- Sunlight: They prefer indirect but steady light with direct sunlight.
- Soil: They should be planted in loose and well-drained soil.
- Water: Moderate quantity of water is needed for its growth and nourishment.
- Temperature: It prefers warm conditions and temperatures above 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fertilizer: Mild-cactus and balanced liquid fertilizer are used to feed this plant.
Lastly, Sansevieria Trifasciata is a beautiful succulent that attracts everybody’s attention. If you’d like to check more from our range of succulents, click here!