Zamioculcas (ZZ Plant) is uncommonly known by the name of the Zuzu plant. Additionally, they are native to Africa and Kenya, but due to their easy adaptive nature as a houseplant, they are found everywhere. The tropical plant has beautiful glossy leaves that give you a sense of exoticness. Moreover, the ZZ plant with its wide, attractive, dark green leaves, boasts many favorable traits for offices and homes. ZZ plant is drought tolerant and accepts low-light conditions without throwing a fit. Its waxy, smooth leaves reflect sunlight and brighten rooms.
Also, it has been proven in the studies of NASA that the plant eliminates Xylene, Toluene, and Benzene from the surrounding air, making it safe for the lungs.
Below are some of the essential Care Tips:
- Soil: ZZ plant is not too particular about soil types, yet they prefer to grow in well-drained soil.
- Sunlight: They grow well in indirect and partial sunlight and would love to have a window seat in your home.
- Temperature: The plant prefers a pleasantly warm temperature yet grows well in a wide range of temperature varieties.
- Water: The plant loves moisture, but making the soil too damp will damage the plant.
- Fertilizer: Adding composts and leaf mold will add up to the growth.
Zamioculcas (ZZ Plant) is the perfect combination of beauty with safety, so have them to cheer up your eyes as well as your health. if you’d like to check out more indoor plants from our collection, click here!