Buy Oregano Plant Online at Unlimited Greens
What makes the Oregano plant online a must-have?
Oregano is an aromatic, bushy, woody branched perennial, which grows to 35-40 cm in height. They are native to temperate western Eurasia. The flavoured leaves are used either fresh or dried, like culinary herbs for a variety of food dishes, particularly on Italian dishes and pizza. Plant leaves are oval, and 1-4 cm long, oppositely arranged.
The edges of the leaves are smooth or very shallowly toothed, and the leaf tips vary from pointed to blunt. Moreover, flowers are tiny, borne in many-flowered, branch end spikes. The flowers are white to purplish, 4-8 mm long, and have two lips.
Let’s have a look at the Care Tips for Oregano plant to thrive adequately:
- Soil: Oregano prefers sandy-loamy soil with good drainage ability to thrive well.
- Sunlight: They grow well in full sun or part shade. When you buy Oregano plant online, make sure you place them under full and the strong sun. This helps in ensuring strong flavours.
- Temperature: The plant prefers pleasant temperatures and loves low temperatures. Winters are the ideal time when these blooms.
- Water: Keeping the soil moderately moist is a good idea to keep them thriving well. Oregano doesn’t need as much water as other herbs. Water thoroughly and less often only when the soil feels dry to touch. If you have a container, water until the water comes out of the drainage holes in the bottom of the container.
- Planting: for a head start, plant the seeds/ cuttings 6-10 weeks before the last spring frost. The plant is easily established when started from seeds, but it can also grow if you use cuttings.
- Trim: allow the oregano to grow to about 4 inches and then pinch or trim lightly to have a denser and bushier plant. Regular trimming the oregano plant online helps the plant to branch again and avoids legginess.
- Quality: for ensuring the best quality of your plant, thin out plants that are 3-4 years old during early spring. Oregano is self-seeding, and hence it will grow back easily.
The plants might be attacked by aphids, spider mites, and suffer root or stem rots. So, take proper precautions and care. Also, harvest the leaves when you need them. It is said that the most-flavoured leaves are found right before the flowers begin to bloom. You can also freeze the leaves so that you can use them later on. They store well and dry easily; just keep them in an airtight container.
Buy Oregano plant online for an in-house supply of tasty herb
All you need is a handful of plants to get enough oregano to use fresh in the season and dry to use during the winters. The plant is not just great for ornamental purposes but also offers a wide array of medicinal uses when ingested or applied topically.
So, don’t miss out on this plant if you love herbs and if you are an Italian food junkie. Also, if you are very interested in fresh kitchen garden plants, click here to check out more from our range!